Monday, March 8, 2010

Mental health is NOT a joke.

Yesterday night my brother, my uncle, a guest who we're paying host to and I were watching Bruce Willis' move Mercury Rising. The plot of the story revolves around an undercover NSA agent Art Jeffries trying to protect an autistic boy Simon Lynch, as he has deciphered the most powerful coding called Mercury. The movie is amazing, Miko Hughes' portrayal of the austisic was just amazing.

Anyways I'm getting off topic. Around halfway through the movie our guest says, "Wow that kid has some serious mental problems." and smirked. Umm excuse me but could you be more arrogant?! Words couldn't explain just how appalled and pissed off that statement made me! I hate how there is such a negative stigma connected to mental health. Grrr! Some people should seriously be educated about this. It's not enough to just know they exist. Stupid international teaching standards. >>" It's not all bad, just I believe that everyone around the world should actually learn about these things, rather then completely focusing on academics. It should be something that is accepted not tolerated. There's a difference.

"Good manners will often take people where neither money nor education can take them."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.