Thursday, July 29, 2010

Rain

Let the rain kiss you. Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops. Let the rain sing you a lullaby.- Langston Hughes

I love the rain. I love it’s every little drop. I love the soft pitter-patter against my window. I love the fogged up glasses where I can write silly notes to myself. I love cosying up in bed with a good book and have the rain pouring outside. Oh rain you bring me much joy.

Like joy, it feels like I’m starting to get a grip of myself once more. I still hate school, but I’m not half as sulky as I was at the beginning of the year. I feel refreshed; renewed almost. Lately I’ve been spending time reconnecting with my inner bookworm and have, horray, taken up reading once more. It eludes me why I stopped in the beginning. Currently I’m reading Gabrielle Zevin’s “Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac”. I have to admit, while not the best read it is quiet captivating, it keeps me coming back for more. The characters are a bit cliche and so is the setting, but eh. I hear that Japan is releasing a movie for this book, which is set to release on September 10th this year. (Bet you’re proud of me Anvi, since I remembered).

Today was a good day. It was fun. It was light. Though Cat wanted me to jig, and I kinda wanted to, I didn’t. And I’m proud of myself for not falling back into my old habits. Though I wouldn’t mind a day off here and there. Considering it was raining today sport was cancelled so we had to spend the day at school doing, basically, nothing. Considering we’d be doing random stuff we took the opportunity to play Hearts, and I admit it was AWESOME and FUN! I won! Hehe. I not only won the glory, but I won a orange lolly and a keychain! WOOT!

Some notable quotes of the day:

  • “Paul Sir McCartney” - Andrea
  • “You don’t trout.. I mean you don’t my custing… I mean you don’t trust my counting.” - Anna aka Bunny

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.