Friday, January 15, 2010

Dreams & Nightmares

Today I had the weirdest nightmare. Seriously... It all started a few days ago.

A few days ago I have been having this problem sleeping, where no matter how tired i feel i just won't fall asleep. And once I do it's difficult for me to distinguish whatever's happening to me is actually a dream or reality. This brings us to today. Today I experienced the same problem. I don't I fell asleep until around 2 or 3am.

The dream began with me and my parents at the dinnertable talking. Then something happened and I started to give them, especially my mum oO, attitude. It then fast forwarded to me getting married and bringing the groom home, except I was still my age, and frightened to death because it was just so sudden. The groom turned out to be some old 30 year old (*shivers*) who is missing a hand. O_O While my "groom" was sleeping I went on facebook and updated my status to "OMG GUYS IM LITERALLY MARRIED NOW!!! T___T" (shows you how much I'm addicted to facebook). ==" Just as I update it, my "groom" wakes up and has a murderous expression upon his face...









.... This is when I woke up! (Thank GOD!)

So yes i woke up panting and scared (normal after any nightmare) and seriously thought it had happened until I realised it was just a nightmare. But let me explain something. In my culture the parents have the right to arrange the marriage for their children and marry them to whomever they desire without the consent of the child, even if they are a legal adult. This means jackshit to them. They don't care if you're 18 or 81, they still have rights over you till either they're dead or... wait there is no or.

This nightmare made me realise just how much I loathe arranged marriages, my culture's traditions and how I don't think I will ever have freedom. ): I guess the only time people in my culture (the oldies) acutally see us as adults is when we are married, have a job and have three kids. Nothing more, nothing less.

This brings me to my dream. (It surprised me actually)

The dream (the happy one after the horrific one) was about me visiting America, I think actually moving there, and my parents giving me the freedom I desire so much. Not to mention they were NICE! :O hehe. Nah, they're alright. They just need to get with the times. Be hip. [; Wait that's bad.. my mum tried that and started to sing and dance to Sexy Bitch by Akon ft. David Guetta. *shudders at memory*

I guess parents just need to let go of responsibility sometimes and let loose. Put themselves in their children's shoes, remember what it was like being a child (wait that won't help much...all I ever hear about is how they were always obedient childrent... PFFFFFFFT YEAH RIGHT!) and understand that traditions change.

Well I guess I should get back to doing my 48 pages of tutor homework. =="

Au Revoir! (:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.